Dining and Degustation
You’ll experience the full array of options when eating at Blackbird. We’ll serve you breakfast, you’re on your own for lunch and we have private chefs catering dinner each night (needs to be booked minimum 7 days in advance). Of course, there are plenty of great eateries around too that you might want to try out, or you can cook up something yourself in our shared facilities (lunch only). Here’s the rundown, and please contact us if you’d like to know anything else about dining at Blackbird.
- A selection of locally sourced breakfast goodies is included as part of your stay — think griddled sourdough, fresh local veggies, chia pots, seasonal fruits, house-blended teas and coffee
- Served in the Reception Pavilion from 8–9.30am
- Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options are available for breakfast — please request at the time of your booking
- See here for our local eatery recommendations
- Get creative and cook something up in our Reception Pavilion. There are great local markets for fresh produce, which you can store in the shared fridge in the Reception Pavilion, or in your own pavilion fridge
- There is also a range of simple deli items in the Reception Pavilion fridge you are welcome to purchase (refer to the price list in the pavilion)
- Seasonal dinner menu using local ingredients 7 nights a week*
- Served poolside on our communal table
- Need to be booked 7 days in advance**
- We’ll do our best to accommodate any allergies or medical dietary requirements from Tuesday-Fridays; our Saturday/Sunday/Monday menu is fixed so unfortunately, we’re unable to cater for any ingredient changes or omissions on these days
Tuesday - Friday
By Chef Martyn, with poolside drinks service from 6pm & dinner service at 6.45pm Please see below for the current menu.
Thursday - Monday
Chef Dai Shibata with poolside cocktails from 6pm & dinner service at 6.45pm.
*Many restaurants in the region are closed on Mondays
**Please note, dinner reservations cancelled within 4 days of the reservation date incur a 35% fee
We offer cocktail service Thursday–Monday, and wine service only on Tuesday & Wednesday. Feel free to BYO drinks and store in your pavilion.